Happy New Years Eve 2020 – Why Do We Celebrate New Year’s Eve?
The very 1st thing that you must want to know is what New Year Eve is? According to Gregorian calendar New Year’s Eve, the last day of the year, is on December 31. The new year eve is an integral part of new year celebrations. This is generally celebrated at evening social gatherings with friends and family, drinking, having BBQ and lighting especially new year fireworks to make this moment memorable one.
Everyone wants to experience something new and unique on this eve and to end this year on some happy note.
Things to do on New Year’s Eve
- Having a romantic dinner with your partner at a fancy restaurant could make your New Year’s Eve unforgettable. It would be an excellent opportunity to take your relationship to the next level.
- By finding a beautiful spot in your city or just a rooftop of your apartment you can wait for a countdown and greet New Year by watching amazing fireworks blessing your timeline and have an iconic New Year kiss moment.
- You can enjoy new year games on new year’s eve celebrations.
And by some superstitions avoiding it could mean loveless year for you and your partner.
- Buying tickets for a concert that goes past midnight could be a great experience for you.
- Some Blockbuster movies are released at the end of the year, so New Year’s Eve is an ideal day to head to the theatre, grab some popcorn and enjoy your favourite New Year’s Eve movie.
- Spending time with your family, especially kids, on this particular occasion would make this day memorable.
New Year Eve party, club celebrations with friends
Various shows are organized for families in amusement parks and other fun zones, which helps in strengthening the bond between you and your kids.
- And if you are single, it is better to spend your day in a club and dance your sadness away then crying in the room with your lights off.
- For a practising Christian, many churches have watch night services where people can pray the divine for the upcoming year and thank god for the blessed outgoing year.
- New Year’s Eve could be an ideal day to catch up with your old friends and buddies. Arranging a party for classmates or work friends would make you the hero of the night.
- If you want to make your New Year filled with positive changes and developments, then New Year’s Eve is the best day to chalk up your plans.
Try to make peace with your past and look forward to something exciting and challenging for yourself.
- Or at least you can join your city’s New Year parade which though very crowdie but could be a great experience.
10 Best Places to visit on the New Year’s Eve
New Year’s Eve in Sydney, Australia
Sydney is the first place where New Year’s celebrations start, which could make you among the first ones to greet New Year.
The best thing about this place is the two shows one at 9 o’clock and the other one at midnight. So if you are not used to staying late, then you can turn in by watching the first show.
Breath-taking Fireworks at Sydney harbour and a background view of harbour-bridge and opera makes it quite a spectacular view.
New Year’s Eve in New York
Celebrations at New York’s time square known as ball drop on New Year’s Eve is not only memorable but legendary.
Approximately 1 million people take part in the celebrations and are broadcasted live by many channels. So if you don’t mind jamming into other people, New York is a place for you.
Cities like Vegas and Los Angeles have also adopted ball drop event by incorporating some local traditions in it.
New Year’s Eve in London
City of the famous big ben clock is an ideal place for your New Year’s Eve celebrations.
Celebrations have become so popular in London that now you will have to pay a ticket to enjoy beautiful firework at the banks of Thames river.
But free transportation during midnight is a bonus which could help save you some pennies.
New Year’s Eve in Hong Kong
Celebrating New Year’s Eve in a city like Hong Kong is an unforgettable experience. Catching the fantastic view of celebrations at Victoria square through one of the nearby hotel balconies could be a great experience plus the tremendous performance of artists, dancers and theatres would be a treat to watch.
New Year’s Eve in Dubai
Dubai has become the busiest tourist destination in recent years, and tourists flock to Dubai to celebrate the New Year.
You can watch amazing fireworks in the footsteps of one of the tallest buildings in the world known as Burj Khalifa.
Seeing Burj Khalifa (fireworks at the world’s tallest building) bathing in amazing visual art and waiting for countdown could be a dream come true.
New Year’s Eve in Tokyo
Celebrating New Year’s Eve in Tokyo means not just a fantastic firework but parties which lasts all night and occurs in Yokohama just across Tokyo bay.
You can also experience New Year’s Eve spiritually by visiting many temples in japan where monk rings the bell 108 times at midnight to purify souls from any worldly means.
New Year’s Eve in Cape Town
Celebrating New Year’s Eve in one of the most beautiful cities in South Africa is a dream for everyone.
Apart from fireworks, Countless performances of artists and cultural dances are a treat to watch which is mostly free and for everyone.
New Year’s Eve in Venice
If you are willing to spend a romantic time with your loved one or finding a perfect place for that midnight kiss, then Venice is a place for you.
A city with beautiful alleyways looks more beautiful during the spirit of celebrations. Though you wouldn’t find much to party the town has a lot more to offer than that.
New Year’s Eve in Vancouver
Celebrating New Year’s Eve in the cold is a unique experience and if one enjoys roaming and partying all night in frozen streets of Canada with more than 100,000 than this is the place.
Vancouver also has two shows at New Year’s Eve, first one for families at nine o clock and the grand one at midnight.
New Year’s Eve in Bangkok
New Year’s Eve is just another night in Bangkok as the city is always partying hard, and the rest of the world surely can’t compete with that.
So if you want to get yourself lost or start the New Year morning hungover than the alleys leading to night clubs and bars of Bangkok are an ideal place for you.
So this was everything that you needed to know about the New Year’s Eve and events that are celebrated all around the world on this day. We also discussed the ten best places to be on this day. Keep visiting our website to enjoy our content and a very Happy New Year 2020!